Office for Disability Services
The mission of the Office for Disability Services (ODS) at Lincoln College is to ensure full and equal participation for persons with disabilities in the Lincoln College community by providing facilitators, programs, and services that will support and enhance individuals’ ability to achieve their academic and personal goals. The Office is dedicated to encouraging self-advocacy, promoting equal access, and working with individuals to determine and establish appropriate accommodations.
The Office for Disability Services is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining disability-related documents
- Certifying a student’s eligibility for services
- Determining reasonable accommodations
- Developing plans for the provision of accommodations
- Removing physical and programmatic barriers for students with disabilities
The objectives for the ODS are as follows:
- Directs support services for students with disabilities, including but not limited to advocacy, alternative testing, note-taking assistance, obtaining required texts in alternate format.
- Structure and deliver services in ways that promote individual growth, development, and self-determination.
- Provide technical assistance to campus departments. Assist departments in identifying accommodations and providing services and responses case-by-case.
- Increase disability awareness on campus in order to improve the quality of services for individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as an information and referral service on disability issues.
- Increase access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities through collaboration with campus and community partners.
*Please refer to the ODS handbook for additional information.