Office for Disability Services (ODS)
Lincoln College is committed to providing equal access to all College programs and services. The College has designated ODS as the office responsible for working with students with documented disabilities to identify and implement appropriate accommodations.
The mission of the Office for Disability Services is to ensure individuals with disabilities full and equal participation in all College programs and services by providing facilitators, programs, and services that will appropriately support and enhance individuals’ ability to achieve their academic and personal goals. Our office is dedicated to encouraging self-advocacy, promoting equal access, and working with individuals to determine and establish appropriate accommodations.
The Office for Disability Services is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining disability-related documents
- Certifying a student’s eligibility for services
- Determining reasonable accommodations
- Developing plans for the provision of accommodations
- Removing physical and programmatic barriers for students with disabilities
If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact the Office for Disability Services.
The objectives for the ODS are as follows:
- Directs support services for students with disabilities, including but not limited to advocacy, alternative testing, note-taking assistance, obtaining required texts in alternate format.
- Structure and deliver services in ways that promote individual growth, development, and self-determination.
- Provide technical assistance to campus departments. Assist departments in identifying accommodations and providing services and responses case-by-case.
- Increase disability awareness on campus in order to improve the quality of services for individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as an information and referral service on disability issues.
- Increase access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities through collaboration with campus and community partners.
*Please refer to theODS handbookfor additional information.